This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is EU wide and far more extensive than its predecessor the Data Protection Act, along with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), seek to protect and enhance the rights of EU data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU and its storage within the EEA.
1. SB Sports & Pain Clinics, based at Mill Clinic, Tweedmill, St Asaph LL17 0UY; Beach Body Studio, Lenton Pool, Denbigh, LL16 3TL; and 290-292 Abergele Rd, Old Colwyn, LL29 9LN, is pleased to provide the following information:
2. Who we are
Practitioners at SB Sports & Pain Clinics diagnose and treat health conditions and provide acupuncture and sports massage therapy. Treatments are carried out in accordance with
- The Society of Sports Therapists’ Standards of Conduct Performance and Ethics which can be found at http://www.society-of-sports-therapists.org/index.php/public_docs/standards-of-conduct-performance-and-ethics.
- The General Medical Council. For further information on registration and good medical practice visit https://www.gmc-uk.org/
Practitioners at SB Sports & Pain Clinics may also provide other treatments, about which our staff will be pleased to provide more details.
3. Personal Data
a) For the purposes of providing treatment, Practitioners may require detailed medical information. We will only collect what is relevant and necessary for your treatment. When you visit SB Sports & Pain Clinics, we will make notes which may include details concerning your medication, treatment and other issues affecting your health. This data is always held securely, is not shared with anyone not involved in your treatment, although for data storage purposes it may be handled by pre-vetted staff who have all signed an integrity and confidentiality agreement. To be able to process your personal data it is a condition of any treatment that you give your explicit consent to allow Practitioners to document and process your personal medical data. Contact details provided by you such as telephone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses may be used to remind you of future appointments and provide reports or other information concerning your treatment.
b) For marketing purposes, SB Sports & Pain Clinics may also use the contact details provided by you to respond to your enquiries, including making telephone contact and emailing information to you which SB Sports & Pain Clinics believes may be of interest to you.
c) In making initial contact with SB Sports & Pain Clinics you consent to SB Sports & Pain Clinics maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any time) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. SB Sports & Pain Clinics may occasionally also act on behalf of its patients in the capacity of data processor, when we may promote other practitioners based at our premises, who may not be employed by us. Practitioners do not broker your data and you can ask to be removed from our marketing database by emailing or phoning the practice using the contact details provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
d) Some basic personal data may be collected about you from any marketing forms and/or surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to, personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
f) SB Sports & Pain Clinics will only collect the information needed so that we can provide you with the services you require, the business does not sell or broker your data.
4. Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet our contractual obligations obtained from explicit Patient Consent and legitimate interest to respond to enquiries concerning the services provided.
5. Legitimate interests pursued by SB Sports & Pain Clinics
To promote treatments for patients with all types of health problems.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to SB Sports & Pain Clinics processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by using the postal, email address or telephone number provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
7. Third-Party Links
SB Sports & Pain Clinics use third party applications for online booking, payment processing and email marketing. Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Links to the providers used:
Mail Chimp https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
SB Sports & Pain Clinics will keep your personal information safe and secure, and only staff engaged in providing your treatment will have access to your patient records, although our administration team will have access to your contact details so that they can make appointments and manage your account. Practitioners will not disclose your Personal Information unless compelled to, in order to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental requests. SB Sports & Pain Clinics may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of its staff.
9. Retention Policy
SB Sports & Pain Clinics will process personal data during the duration of any treatment and will continue to store only the personal data needed for eight years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After eight years all personal data will be deleted, unless basic information needs to be retained by us to meet our future obligations to you, such as erasure details. Records concerning minors who have received treatment will be retained until the child has reached the age of 25.
10. Data storage
All Data is held in the United Kingdom. SB Sports & Pain Clinics does not store personal data outside the EEA. All data storage services used by SB Sports & Pain Clinics are fully GDPR compliant and available on request.
11. Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst SB Sports & Pain Clinics is in possession of, or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
· Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
· Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
· Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
· Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
· Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
· Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
· Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that SB Sports & Pain Clinics refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge. At your request SB Sports & Pain Clinics can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
12. You can request the following information:
· Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (SB Sports & Pain Clinics) that has determined how and why to process your data.
· Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
· The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
· If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of SB Sports & Pain Clinics and information about these interests.
· The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
· Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
· How long the data will be stored.
· Details of your rights to correct, erasure, restrict or object to such processing.
· Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
· How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
· Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
· The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
· Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
13. To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
SB Sports & Pain Clinics will accept the following forms of identification (ID) when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your driving licence, passport or birth certificate, together with a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If SB Sports & Pain Clinics is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released. All requests should be made to contact SB Sports & Pain Clinics or by phoning 01745 434432 or writing to us at SB Sports & Pain Clinics, 290-292 Abergele Rd, Old Colwyn, LL29 9LN. If you do not hear back from us within five days please try another form of contact.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by SB Sports & Pain Clinics you have the right to complain to us. If you do not get a response within 30 days, you can complain to the ICO.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Sarah Bayliss, SB Sports & Pain Clinics, 290-292 Abergele Rd, Old Colwyn, LL29 9LN
Telephone: 01745 434432 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ICO Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF Telephone +44 (0) 303 123 1113 https://ico.org.uk